Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v572pb$3rn1f$3@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: 5th Circuit Strikes Down Bump Stock Ban
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 17:48:27 -0000 (UTC)

BTR1701  <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6/21/24 1:02 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> No, I'm focusing on the one thing that legally matters: a single
>>> function of the trigger. It's literally impossible for a semi-auto rifle
>>> to fire more than one round with a single function of the trigger. The
>>> trigger mechanism must complete a full cycle of function for every round
>>> that leaves the barrel.
>>>

>> Which is what the bump stock facilitates.
>
>Yes, it facilitates multiple trigger functions in rapid succession, and
>since it's multiple functions, not a single function, it falls outside the
>definition of machine gun in the Act.
>>
>> Fuck what they decided on bump stocks. They turn single shot guns into
>> machine guns
>
>The Court didn't turn anything into anything. They clearly said Congress
>can regulate machine guns and can even include bump stocks in the
>definition if it collectively so desires. But the Court clarified that
>Congress is the *only* body that can do this. BATF can't do it for them.

Congress can write such a law without it being unconstitutional under
the Second Amendment. That's the message from Alito's concurrence.

The message to the idiots with massive reading comprehension problems:
It is possible to carefully draft laws regulating firearm use and possession
that are constitutional.