Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5790u$1kpm$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Android keyboard: your choice.
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 19:34:54 -0000 (UTC)

R.Wieser wrote on Sat, 22 Jun 2024 09:18:15 +0200 :

>> 3. However, notice that the fact that Helium Heliboard does not use
>>   the Internet is meaningless because Google uses the Internet.
>
> As you said it yourself, "that's a terribly misleading sentence".
>
> You might want to explain what, to you, that  "google" in the above sentence
> is, and how it "uses the Internet" without given permission to - and
> ofcourse how that that "google" gets hold of data generated by other apps*
>
> Yes, I can make an (educated) guess or two to what you might mean there, but
> I rather hear it from you.
>
> * an OS sandboxing apps is a thing.  And on my phone an app can access files
> it created itself, but not other apps files - simply by denying it
> READ/WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permissions.
>
> hint: not everyone thinks that his lifes enjoyment is directly dependant on
> having something like "google play store" installed.
>
> And again: be carefull when you post pertinent stuff like "Firebase App
> Indexing (decidedly NOT cloud related)" as you do not really seem to
> understand the issue yourself - as you mentioned it, you have no idea where
> the "Firebase Indexing Service" is sending its data to, other than 'to
> google'.
>
> "Firebase cloud services" is definitily Google, though for some reason you
> discarded it (without an explanation) as a possibility of being the target
> if your phones uploading.  I still have no idea why.

The problem is that when everyone is talking about stuff they don't know
much about (including me), then everything any one person says tends to
confuse any other person - because they're not starting from the same
knowledge level.

To solve that fundamental problem...

I opened a separate thread to get to the bottom of both Google Firebase
(cloud stuff) and Google Services Firebase App Indexing (search stuff).

 *Why do so many people confuse Firebase & Firebase App Indexing?*
 <https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53667&group=comp.mobile.android#53667>