Article <v57r3j$hc6$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v57r3j$hc6$1@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Disc brake maintenance tips
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 20:43:31 -0400

On 6/22/2024 3:01 PM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jun 2024 14:06:44 -0400, Frank Krygowski
> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 6/22/2024 1:45 PM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
>>>
>>> A quick look at Amazon's sample of Forester's book provides an idea of
>>> what the pompous jackass had to say. He says some people just don't
>>> know how to enjoy bicycling, but he's ready to help you with that.
>>> They actually want $29 for that ridiculous book.
>>>
>>> I say "Pfffft!"
>
> I should perhaps add that it's very clear what Forester's big message
> was. He, like you, insists that true bicycling enjoyment can only be
> had by riding among vehicular traffic on streets and roads in the
> course of one's usual transits.

Obviously, you haven't read the book. You're blathering out of ignorance.
>> :-)  How's your self-publishing effort working out?
>
> I am reviewing a proof copy, and deciding what size the paperback
> version should be. I'm not in a hurry to publish it. I do have other
> interests.

Oh please! You bragged by showing a link to several books you claim to
have written and "self published" - books that sold too little to stay
on the market.

Plenty have paid attention to Forester and his ideas. His most famous
book went through seven editions, most of them published by MIT Press.
He was very influential, even though the dimmer idealists disagreed with
him.

Nobody has paid attention to you.

--
- Frank Krygowski