Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v57ti2$qng$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: Kids got an E-scooter?
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 11:25:21 +1000

On 23/06/2024 9:58 am, john larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jun 2024 22:39:48 +0100, TTman <kraken.sankey@gmail.com>
> wrote

>>> A frightening thought! Not so much batteries; more incendiary bombs.

If you can describe it as a thought. More a deluded fantasy/

>>> B00NOD6T4G
>>>
>> That's why we charged our RC lipos in a fireproof bag...
>
> If it ignites, it would burn through a steel lunchbox.

Really? Do you have any evidence for that that claim?

This is just more of the usual alarmist nonsense about lithium ion
batteries. This should be the kind of forum where we discuss the design
of lithium ion battery chargers and lithium ion battery condition
monitors - which could, in principle be designed to discharge the
battery if the internal temperature of the battery rose high  enough to
suggest a risk of runaway self-discharge.

Cursitor Doom and John Larkin are much too devoted to their alarmist
fantasies to want to think  about that (always assuming that  they could
if they wanted to).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

www.norton.com