Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v58s9j$9pl4$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Dave Yadallee denies reality, bears false witness
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 10:09:55 -0000 (UTC)

Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> The Doctor wrote on 22/6/24 10:54 pm:
>> In article <v56bnn$3nsjq$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel70  <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> <Snip>

>>> Sorry!! Are YOU, Gobble-de-gook, now calling Jesus an 'it'??
>>>
>>> And I very much doubt Jesus would have know Saul/Paul at all,
>>> Gobble-de-gook, so Jesus would not have called Saul/Paul anything,
>>> Gobble-de-gook.
>>>
>>> Maybe YOU, Gobble-de-gook, should try *LISTENING* to YOUR preacher when
>>> he is preaching to YOU, Gobble-de-gook!!
>>
>> THen you need to recall
>>
>> Acts 13
>>
>> Barnabas and Saul Commissioned
>>
>> 1 (Ac 11:22-27; 4:36) In the church that was in Antioch there were prophets
>> and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene,
>> Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
>> 2 (Ac 9:15; 2Ti 1:11) As they worshipped the Lord and fasted,
>> the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work
>> to which I have called them."
>
> HEY, Gobble-de-gook, that's the HOLY SPIRIT not Jesus .... or are YOU,
> Gobble-de-gook, now claiming The Holy Trinity is, really, THE HOLY DUET??
>
> WOW!! Now that is a Radical reformation!!

It doesn’t really matter whether the Holy Spirit or Jesus’s ghost said that
Barnabas and Saul were the servants of God, or who to, or if it ever
happened at all and wasn’t just added to give Barnabas and Saul more
authority in the Church.

Words spoken by Paul to the Romans remain the words of Paul, not the words
of Jesus. Paul wasn’t just a mouthpiece of Jesus, he was an agent of
change.

Some of his teachings are very different from the teachings of Jesus. Jesus
taught about loving God and salvation through good works. Paul taught about
worshipping Jesus and the power of faith alone (with no good behaviours
required) being enough for salvation. He created a religion focused on a
cult of personality, primarily his own personality.

In fact, though Paul seems to idolise Jesus, nowhere in his epistles or in
the descriptions of his work does he seem to quote Jesus at all.

--
“Most of the Universe is knackered, babes.”  - The Doctor