Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v59arj$c11r$1@dont-email.me>

From: knuttle <keith_nuttle@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: precision coordinates
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 10:18:27 -0400

On 06/23/2024 9:39 AM, bad sector wrote:

> How would I map with precision about 900 planted trees on
> google-earth-pro? As a manual method I would think of taking a hundred
> readings on each with my phone and averaging them out, but that is a LOT
> of work (did it once with a bubble-sextant to win a bet). Is there an
> fdroid app to do this sort of thing (not interested in signupware)? Any
> other ideas?

I don't know about the  android version, but on the PC version you can
add pins to identify a specific location.

On the PC version of Google Earth Pro, you can determine the longitude
and latitude to six decimal places or get good numbers for location
about 300 feet apart.  This 300 feet was calculated by zooming Google
Earth to its maximum and reading the coordinates of each location.