Article <v5afah$j22n$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5afah$j22n$1@dont-email.me>

From: AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Disc brake maintenance tips
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 19:40:49 -0500

On 6/23/2024 7:23 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jun 2024 09:34:50 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>
>> On 6/23/2024 3:15 AM, Catrike Ryder wrote:

>>> Of course I haven't read that book. Why would I?  I have, however,
>>> read about Forester.
>>>
>>> https://www.forbes.com/sites/carltonreid/2020/04/23/death-of-a-dinosaur-anti-cycleway-campaigner-john-forester-dies-aged-90/

>>> <LOL> I simply showed you what you asked for. Perhaps you should
>>> consider not asking to see things you don't want to see.

>>> <EYEROLL> Books aren't taken off the market simply because they sold
>>> too little, Dumbass. There are books available on Amazon that haven't
>>> sold a copy for years and years.
>>>
>>> ...but like I said, unlike you, I documented what I said I did.

>>> ...and?

>>> ...and yet I see the bike trails and bike lanes that he argued against
>>> all over the USA and other countries.
>>>

>>> I think people saw John Forester as the oddity that he was. Don
>>> Quixote on skinny wheels.

>>> Yes. Unlike you, I don't seek attention.
>>
>> While I agree that Mr Forester's work has little to no
>> application or import for you, I think he has much valuable
>> to offer for me, especially in 45 years of daily commuting
>> in traffic.
>
> And yet all over S.E.A where I have lived a very great many people
> commute by bicycle (fewer now with the advent of cheap motorcycles)
> who have never heard of Forester and as they don't speak English
> couldn't read his books if given one.

In fairness, Mr Forester wrote a very long time ago and
assumed automobile pilots were neither homicidal maniacs nor
stoned out of their minds. This isn't as true now. He also
wrote before walk-around telephones; now every other driver
is consumed with denigrating some kid in a chatroom with his
thumbs while wandering across lane lines...
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org