Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5ampl$njkq$3@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Fast monostable with a transistor array
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 12:48:21 +1000

On 23/06/2024 10:29 pm, Chris Jones wrote:
> On 19/06/2024 8:17 pm, Bill Sloman wrote:
>> On 19/06/2024 1:28 am, john larkin wrote:

>>> I'm now wearing a 24-hour recording EKG thing. It's really no trouble
>>> at all. Pretty cool technology.
>>
>> And they have been around for at least thirty years. My mother got
>> stuck with being a guineau pig for one some thirty years ago.
>>
>>> It's a pity that there is no low-drama equivalent for blood pressure
>> You do have to compress the upper arm.
>>

> FYI if you want to avoid getting covid again, it appears to be pretty
> much exclusively airborne, so you probably won't get infected if you
> (and your family if any) wear a respirator that fits you well, every
> time you are indoors with people not from your household
The best way of not getting Covid is to get vaccinated against it, and
I've done that in spades. Wearing a face mask cuts the odds even further.

I probably got infected at my brother's house, when I was having dinner
there with his wife and a cousin from half-way across Australia. My
grand-niece who showed up briefly during the evening was the most likely
vector - she's certainly infected her grandmother in the last couple of
years.

Getting paranoid about getting infected isn't a realistic option.

<snip>

> I haven't been sick at all since 2019, unless you count hangovers or
> headaches from staying up too late. The main downside is that I can't
> eat inside restaurants, so I order take-away instead. That seems like a
> good deal to me, but others have different priorities from which I will
> not attempt to dissuade them at present.

This was my first dose of Covid. Because it got to my gut, it was fairly
dramatic, and somewhat debilitating, but it looks as if I'm going to
survive.

--
Bill Sloman

www.norton.com