Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5bbpe$rn9o$2@dont-email.me>

From: "R.Wieser" <address@is.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Android keyboard: your choice.
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 10:45:07 +0200
References: <20240617114559.a2970ac2923facc44a2ec355@gmail.com> <v4ov83$j5oj$1@dont-email.me> <v4sojj$1gqik$1@dont-email.me> <lde8tqF9a76U1@mid.individual.net> <v4tkrl$1bpq$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <ldfbtsFe5o7U2@mid.individual.net> <v4u0gv$1rom7$4@dont-email.me> <ldia0iFrps7U6@mid.individual.net> <v51gft$2kg3e$1@dont-email.me> <ldj1v5Fs5uU1@mid.individual.net> <v54msb$2s6v$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v54ob8$3b4pm$1@dont-email.me> <v555ma$fqm$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v55tsm$3la2e$1@dont-email.me> <v577ng$2q13$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v58m4l$8n7c$1@dont-email.me> <v5b3hu$2qse$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

Andrew,

>> You already mentioned that data gathered on your phone by that Firebase
>> framework gets send off too somewhere you don't know, but you still
>> refuse
>> to consider the possibility that a same-named software "in the cloud",
>> also
>> from Google, could be the recipient of it.
>
> If I didn't say it directly, Google is *definitely* the recipient of the
> Firebase App Index statistics which are uploaded periodically.

Its fantastic how you "answer" questions that have never been asked, and not
even touch the quote you put above it.

Do I need to quote you on where you said that the Firebase cloud hasn't got
*anything* to do with the Firebase on your phone (stated last friday), or do
you now think you remember having done so ?

Heck, even your new thread, "Why do so many people confuse Google's Firebase
(cloud API) with Google Services Google Firebase App Indexing (search
results)?" just SCREAMS about how still think you are right, but are now
asking (begging?) people to provide you with the proof/support for it.

>> Ask yourself: if Google doesn't want to upload that "personal content" to
>> itself, than why are they gathering it in the first place ?
>
> a. Google isn't gathering the data.
> b. The app is gathering the data.

Ah yes, lets put some semantics on the road.

Newsflash : trying to put up a smoke-screen like that doesn't make you look
good.

> c. But the app isn't uploading that data.

Ah yes, the famous "no it isn't" <full stop> response.   No support for it
or even an explanation for it given.

Besides the problem that I didn't question over what (app ?  Service ?
Something else ?) does the actual upload - even though you try to make it
sound I did.

> d. The app is storing the data on your device.

Do tell what "the app" is and where I claimed otherwise.

> e. Google says they only upload "statistics" about that data.

I have a bridge to sell you, and some prime building land too.

> f. Not the data itself.

And you would know that ... how ?

IOW, another claim that you did not wish to accompany with anything that
would substanciate it - which causes it not to have any meaning whatsoever.

Andrew, all you are doing now is to dig the pit into which you fell deeper.
As a result your believability score took a nosedive.

Maybe you where/are not aware, but I have a problem with people, like you,
who state stuff as if they are facts, but forget to support them with
anything.

Than again, I seem to remember I mentioned that at least once ...

Regards,
Rudy Wieser