Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5bsbe$usvg$1@dont-email.me>

From: Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: From the Archives .....
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 23:29:17 +1000

Today I'm re-re-rewatching "Tooth and Claw", the Second 'normal'
DoctorDavid episode and, after the opening credits ......

http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/28-2.htm

TARDIS (Rose has changed into denim mini-dungarees).
ROSE: What do you think of this? Will it do?
DOCTOR: In the late 1970s? You'd be better off in a bin bag. Hold on,
listen to this.
(The Doctor puts a CD into the Tardis player.)
DOCTOR: Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Number One in 1979.
ROSE: You're a punk.
DOCTOR: It's good to be a lunatic.
ROSE: That's what you are. A big old punk with a bit of rockabillly
thrown in.
DOCTOR: Would you like to see him?
ROSE: How'd you mean? In concert?
DOCTOR: What else is a Tardis for? I can take you to the Battle of
Trafalgar, the first anti-gravity Olympics, Caesar crossing the Rubicon
or Ian Dury at the Top Rank, Sheffield, England, Earth, 21st November,
1979. What do you think?
ROSE: Sheffield it is.
DOCTOR: Hold on tight.
(The Doctor beats the rhythm of the song on the console as they travel.)
ROSE: Stop!
(They stop suddenly, and get thrown to the floor.)
DOCTOR: 1979. Hell of a year. China invades Vietnam. The Muppet Movie.
Love that film. Margaret Thatcher. Urgh. Skylab falls to Earth, with a
little help from me. Nearly took off my thumb.
End Quote

O.K., so this episode was made in about 2006'ish .... and, in that last
line, DoctorDavid states that China invaded Vietnam in 1979!!

Did I miss that in RL?? Or does this happen in an alternate Time Line or
on an alternate Earth??
--
Daniel