Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5c2j3$1055k$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: Dave Yadallee denies reality, bears false witness
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 15:15:47 -0000 (UTC)

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> The Last Doctor  <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

>> filling out the

>>> Lies Mike McKeown.
>>
>> No, no, Dave.
>>
>> If I was a liar, the reference would exist and you would quote it to prove
>> me a liar. You not giving the reference means it doesn’t exist, and you’re
>> the liar. That’s how evidence works.
>>
>> What you’re doing is name calling, and of course, as you have no evidence,
>> Christianity calls that “bearing false witness”.
>>
>> Learn the difference. Reference, or you are the liar.
>>
>> If I was telling you that there was a passage in the Bible that said
>> something specific, I would find it and quote it. Exodus 20:16 is the quote
>> that applies here:
>>
>> “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.”
>>
>> See what I did there? Book, chapter and verse. Now you try.
>>

> Just beaucse you quote does not mean you quote in context.

But in this case I was quoting in the context of you bearing false witness
against me. You called me a liar up above. So the context is there, clear,
and relevant.

I called you a “notorious liar” because you’re constantly getting called
out on your false assertions.

I provided a specific example of one of your falsehoods - your claim that
Jesus condemned homosexuals. Note: it is NOT sufficient to say that a
follower of Jesus (let alone one who, like Saul, became such a follower
well after the death of Jesus) did so. It has to be Jesus, because you said
it was.

All you have to do to prove me wrong, make a liar out of me, and have me
apologise to you on this matter, is provide the Book, Chapter and verses of
the Bible where Jesus is said to do what you claim he did.

Simple, eh? But if you do not or cannot, then you have been lying, I was
being truthful and honest, and you have been bearing false witness. It’s
really very clear and simple.

Come on Dave: there’s the context for YOUR Bible quote. Ante up or stop
lying and walk away, since you will not have the Christian humility to
acknowledge your error. You never do. And you won’t apologise for lying
about me, will you? Of course not.

--
“Most of the Universe is knackered, babes.”  - The Doctor