Article <v5dlhh$1ds4a$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5dlhh$1ds4a$2@dont-email.me>

From: Sebastian Wells <sebastian@here.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Heroic Game Launcher... BRAVO!
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 05:45:22 -0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 24 Jun 2024 18:49:19 -0400, Andrzej Matuch wrote:

> On 2024-06-24 18:06, chrisv wrote:
>> Andrzej Matuch wrote:
>>
>>> Considering how Darwin's Theory of Evolution is complete excrement
>>> which can be debunked in seven seconds, God is the best explanation
>>> for everything around us. <https://www.discovery.org/a/10661/>
>>
>> That's some kooky shit, there.
>
> Feel free to believe the contrary, countless Darwinists have too only to
> eventually realize that the theory that has consumed their entire lives
> needs constant lies to be supported. We're supposed to believe that life
> emerged from nothing even though that is scientifically impossible, and
> that a series of mutations, all beneficial, led to us becoming what we
> are today. Meanwhile, mutations are almost always negative and/or fatal.
> We're also supposed to believe that we evolved from apes even though it
> would take several hundred million mutations, all beneficial, for them
> to turn into us. This is somehow science even though it is not only
> contrary to all scientific laws but logic.

All that's required to debunk this argument is to point out the fact that
genetic algorithms, which are literally just Darwinian evolution
implemented as a computer program, can be used to solve real problems.

The reason evolution works is because the bad mutations are thrown out
by virtue of those that have fatal or negative mutations either dying
or being losers, while good mutations are amplified because those who
have them enjoy huge advantages over the rest. This is also the
reason genetic algorithms work: You literally just randomly permute
a possible solution and amplify the best results while deleting the rest.