Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5eb77$1hofv$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Find "py.exe" & copy it to "Python" (flat, no extension).
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 07:55:18 -0400

Andrzej Matuch wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2024-06-25 02:53, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>>> Or so it would be convenient for an atheist to assert ...
>>
>> Religionists do tend to prioritize their ideology over evidence, don’t
>> they?
>
> Feel free to produce irrefutable evidence demonstrating that Darwinism
> is correct and that countless scientists more qualified than you are
> were wrong to abandon it.

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Scientific_Dissent_from_Darwinism

   The list continues to be used in Discovery Institute intelligent design
   campaigns in an attempt to discredit evolution and bolster claims that
   intelligent design is scientifically valid by claiming that evolution lacks
   broad scientific support.

   The statement has been criticized for being misleading and ambiguous, using
   terms with multiple meanings such as "Darwinism", which can refer
   specifically to natural selection or informally to evolution in general,
   and presenting a straw man fallacy with its claim that random mutations and
   natural selection are insufficient to account for the complexity of life,
   when standard evolutionary theory involves other factors such as gene flow,
   genetic recombination, genetic drift and endosymbiosis.

   . . .

   Intelligent design has failed to produce scientific research, and been
   rejected by the scientific community, including many leading scientific
   organizations.

It helps when one clarifies that Darwinism was a starting hypothesis. And
a fairly productive hypothesis at that.

You can read the beginning of E.O. Wilson's "The Diversity of Life" to
get a good idea about genetic drift.

--
Don't you feel more like you do now than you did when you came in?