Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5f9im$1nct2$1@dont-email.me>

From: Alan Browne <singularity@blackhole.org>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Re: Carriers are only slowly adapting to iOS 18 beta RCS integration
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 16:33:26 -0400

On 2024-06-25 10:41, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> On 25.06.24 15:00, Alan Browne wrote:

>>> There is no reasonable scenario where iPhone users need RCS.
>>>
>>> I have it on my Pixel 7 with the provider Salt here in Switzerland and I
>>> seriously have the impression Apple is just implementing it to get rid
>>> of the endless Google-jammering.
>>
>> As usual you babble from your singular point of view.
>
> You do not understand what I'm talking about.

I do all too well.  As usual you're projecting your experience and
worldview onto everyone.
And as usual that has to be pointed out to you.

>> As I have contacts who use Android machines we're forced to use other
>> means to exchange sensitive info (usually Signal).  Thankfully this is
>> not all that often.
>
> *Signal is not RCS*.

I never said it was numbskull.  I said I use Signal to send encrypted
messages (and files) to people using Android phones from my iPhone
(actually from my Mac - quibble).

Signal is a highly encrypted messenger. And that
> kind of application is the way to go and not *RCS*.

I'd rather send from iOS/Mac OS messages w/o using a 3rd party app.

>>> RCS is security-wise even not second rate and just a nightmare.
>>
>> Apple plan to implement encrypted RCS.  Whether this will be available
>> for the Sept. release is not clear.
>
> Irrelevant. RCS has *always* an unwanted man-in-the-middle.

Not so if I want default application encrypted messaging from me
(iOS/Mac OS) to Android phones.

But that's probably too hard for you to grasp.

>> They don't want Google's version (Which Google is pushing hard for) -
>> Apple want an open version.
>
> Irrelvant.

Very relevant.  Do you want Google's own encryption that is not open
source to be used or for a public open source encryption to be used?

--
"It would be a measureless disaster if Russian barbarism overlaid
  the culture and independence of the ancient States of Europe."