Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5fn3u$1pj51$3@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Find "py.exe" & copy it to "Python" (flat, no extension).
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 00:24:30 -0000 (UTC)
 <lamt35Fcgq7U4@mid.individual.net> <v26rjl$21vl0$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2ccjg$39nup$2@dont-email.me> <69sj4j50b5jb8mnbc37b1aopn58vpj0a5q@4ax.com>
 <v33cu1$ddl1$10@dont-email.me> <2Nj5O.33580$9xU7.24227@fx17.iad>
 <v36bpp$10k3v$1@dont-email.me> <PKE5O.17601$8CY1.13682@fx37.iad>
 <v3j4vt$3j4v3$1@dont-email.me>
 <665d1d57$0$2363138$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <v5dlar$1dttg$2@dont-email.me> <memk7j5epu65t50ajn5vcbamj5s5uku5ig@4ax.com>
 <v5dpgc$1eh23$6@dont-email.me> <c8xeO.13067$zMs3.416@fx48.iad>
 <v5eb77$1hofv$1@dont-email.me>

On 2024-06-25, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:
> Andrzej Matuch wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> Religionists do tend to prioritize their ideology over evidence, don’t
>>> they?
>>
>> Feel free to produce irrefutable evidence demonstrating that Darwinism
>> is correct and that countless scientists more qualified than you are
>> were wrong to abandon it.
>
>    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Scientific_Dissent_from_Darwinism
>
>    The list continues to be used in Discovery Institute intelligent design
>    campaigns in an attempt to discredit evolution and bolster claims that
>    intelligent design is scientifically valid by claiming that evolution lacks
>    broad scientific support.
>
>    The statement has been criticized for being misleading and ambiguous, using
>    terms with multiple meanings such as "Darwinism", which can refer
>    specifically to natural selection or informally to evolution in general,
>    and presenting a straw man fallacy with its claim that random mutations and
>    natural selection are insufficient to account for the complexity of life,
>    when standard evolutionary theory involves other factors such as gene flow,
>    genetic recombination, genetic drift and endosymbiosis.
>
>    . . .
>
>    Intelligent design has failed to produce scientific research, and been
>    rejected by the scientific community, including many leading scientific
>    organizations.
>
> It helps when one clarifies that Darwinism was a starting hypothesis. And
> a fairly productive hypothesis at that.
>
> You can read the beginning of E.O. Wilson's "The Diversity of Life" to
> get a good idea about genetic drift.

It was an oversimplification and a very shallow hypothesis. Darwin even spoke
of "difficulties" when descending into facts. In other words, there is the
Evolution Faith ("evolution happened... somehow") and the inadequate, often
conflicting, theories of evolution. All of which ultimately give "Evolution"
creative powers that can anticipate future needs and somehow (supposedly by
chance) "create" complex organs, like eyes — and not once, but every
different type of eye. Chance is a pathetic explanation for the complexity
of life. It's just too stupid for me to accept. I'm not that gullible.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."