Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5h9mt$266pr$1@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Find "py.exe" & copy it to "Python" (flat, no extension).
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 14:47:57 -0000 (UTC)
 <lamt35Fcgq7U4@mid.individual.net> <v26rjl$21vl0$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2ccjg$39nup$2@dont-email.me> <69sj4j50b5jb8mnbc37b1aopn58vpj0a5q@4ax.com>
 <v33cu1$ddl1$10@dont-email.me> <2Nj5O.33580$9xU7.24227@fx17.iad>
 <v36bpp$10k3v$1@dont-email.me> <PKE5O.17601$8CY1.13682@fx37.iad>
 <v3j4vt$3j4v3$1@dont-email.me>
 <665d1d57$0$2363138$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <v5dlar$1dttg$2@dont-email.me> <memk7j5epu65t50ajn5vcbamj5s5uku5ig@4ax.com>
 <v5dpgc$1eh23$6@dont-email.me> <v5flpc$1pj51$1@dont-email.me>
 <23JeO.16235$BRt3.6532@fx05.iad> <v5foko$1pj51$8@dont-email.me>
 <YdKeO.71848$FZWf.50644@fx35.iad>

On 2024-06-26, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
> On 2024-06-25 20:50, RonB wrote:

>>> I love that I can count on you to fill in the blanks for whatever
>>> general statement I make. I finished reading a book on the matter a few
>>> weeks ago and have never had my faith so strongly confirmed before. They
>>> mock us for our strong belief in God all the while believing in their
>>> own theories in a way that is not dissimilar.
>>
>> They believe in the "fact" of evolution (by faith) because they think it
>> frees them from believing in God. The theories of evolution, themselves, are
>> absurd.
>
> I never realized _how_ absurd they were until it was made clear to me
> through some additional reading. Like everyone else who went to school
> after the 1960s, evolution was taught to me as fact. I would say that it
> played a big role in compromising my belief in God.

That was the point. Materialism. That's why "agnostics" (atheists) like
Huxley ("Darwin's bulldog") were so anxious to glom on to the theory and
promote it — even though Darwin, himself, claimed to believe in God.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."