Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5habu$266pr$2@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Find "py.exe" & copy it to "Python" (flat, no extension).
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 14:59:10 -0000 (UTC)
 <lamt35Fcgq7U4@mid.individual.net> <v26rjl$21vl0$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2ccjg$39nup$2@dont-email.me> <69sj4j50b5jb8mnbc37b1aopn58vpj0a5q@4ax.com>
 <v33cu1$ddl1$10@dont-email.me> <2Nj5O.33580$9xU7.24227@fx17.iad>
 <v36bpp$10k3v$1@dont-email.me> <PKE5O.17601$8CY1.13682@fx37.iad>
 <v3j4vt$3j4v3$1@dont-email.me>
 <665d1d57$0$2363138$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <v5dlar$1dttg$2@dont-email.me> <memk7j5epu65t50ajn5vcbamj5s5uku5ig@4ax.com>
 <v5dpgc$1eh23$6@dont-email.me> <v5flpc$1pj51$1@dont-email.me>
 <23JeO.16235$BRt3.6532@fx05.iad> <v5foko$1pj51$8@dont-email.me>
 <le1ju9F6qs8U1@mid.individual.net>

On 2024-06-26, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jun 2024 00:50:32 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:
>
>> They believe in the "fact" of evolution (by faith) because they think it
>> frees them from believing in God. The theories of evolution, themselves,
>> are absurd.
>
> How about evolutionary creation?
>
> https://www.scienceandfaith.org/evolutionary-creationism
>
> The problem with the young Earth theory advanced by people like Answers in
> Genesis is the amount of shuffling they need to do to account for facts.
> Humans and dinosaurs were contemporaries? Why doesn't the fossil record
> show T Rex munching on humans? Well, God created it that way to mess with
> humans.
>
> I'll admit the neo-Darwinians have their leaps of faith too. Dawkins is an
> entertaining author but he tends to write "That is easily accounted for.
> But first let me relate this 37 page amusing anecdote, hoping you'll
> forget the question." Dennett was good too but he creates skyhooks as
> abundant as the religious.

The problem with most people now days is that they simply can't say "I don't
know." So they latch on to various theories even when they don't make a lot
of sense. Then, as they try to plug up the "holes" in their theories, they
get and more more far-fetched.

I don't have to know *how* God created the universe and everything in it
because I admit that I believe in God by faith. And, at least the belief in
an All Powerful Creator makes logical sense. The complexity of creation
points to a Creator, not to blind chance and whole chains of increible
beneficial mutations (that we never see in the real world).

BTW, I don't really believe in a "young earth." I tend to think the "days"
of Genesis were more likely "eras" or "epochs."

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."