Article <v5hltb$28q70$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5hltb$28q70$1@dont-email.me>

From: Mark J cleary <mcleary08@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Broken Clavicle anyone
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 13:16:12 -0500

Group I went down in gravel May 20th at mile 43. Hard on my right side
and I am right hand dominate. Got up thought probably broken collarbone,
right hand on outside bloody. Well I road 11 miles to get home.

Prompt care they did exrays of clavicle broken comminated fracture
midshaft. Boxer's fracture 5th and 4th metacarpals broken. Hip was fine.
Had to wait a day to see ortho and then I saw his PA. He said the
clavicle in a sling and chill. Hand given I am a jazz guitarist probably
need to see the hand surgeon. They did a referral and other than that i
had no other follow up with them,

May 31st hand pinning with 4 k wire pins in right hand under a local.
That was weird 13 plus hours my arm just above elboq to the hand
nothing, you could cut it off with a chain saw I would not have known.

Hip and let hurt a lot much soft tissue injury that might stick around
more than the broken bones. Back on indoor trainer in a week. Been
riding everyday that is going ok. Ride the trainer easier than taking a
shower or getting out of bed.

So now just over 5 weeks the clavicle must be healed I can move my arm
and shoulder no real pain but stiff and tight feeling. Bump and seems to
be no exactly symmetrical but I expect that. Pins coming out next monday
one worked out already but no problem they said. Re-moveable cast I take
it off to shower and clean.

I can actually play the guitar fine with a pick but guitar under my arm
and shoulder gets a bit painful after 30 minutes. Up to 35 miles a day
on trainer that is all I can really do but putting out some watts. I can
easily hold hoods and ride and apply pressure on arms to ride. I hope
that means clavicle is healed mostly. Still hurts to walk certain way
with hip on right side  '

9 years ago I went down on black ice broke hip. Was not a displaced
fracture but potentiality and more serious injury. They did 3 screws in
hip and I went back to riding in about 9 weeks outside but on trainer a
week after hip pinning. Went back to running in 16 weeks.

This injury has been 10 times more painful and getting on a bike outside
a bit scary now.

I take any thoughts or experiences anyone has had with broken clavicle
and the like.
--
Deacon Mark