Article <v5hmbb$28vb2$5@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5hmbb$28vb2$5@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Heroic Game Launcher... BRAVO!
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 14:23:39 -0400
 <QJmeO.13257$S_52.4415@fx08.iad> <v5ebfn$1hofv$2@dont-email.me>
 <%jzeO.125458$7NFd.43488@fx16.iad> <v5emj6$1js5v$1@dont-email.me>
 <v5fo89$1pj51$7@dont-email.me> <hrkn7j90k96a2c8f6md582k36276jfu53k@4ax.com>
 <v5hd42$26q5q$3@dont-email.me>

RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> Unfortunately that's not good science.
>>
>> Just because the knowledge of "physics, chemistry, genetics and the
>> rest" that we have today didn't exist, doesn't mean that science
>> couldn't be done.  They had lots of things figured-out.
>
> Evolution is not one of the things "figured out." It's a theory. In science
> theories are supposed to be tested, not blindly believed as a "fact."

You do know that the fossil record, field observations, and experiments (e.g.
with fruit flies), tend to bear out evolution, the changes in morphology and
species due to alterations in the genetic code due to various factors
(mutation, genetic drift, genetic recombination, natural selection, and
unnatural selection [i.e. human selection].

This stuff isn't incompatible with a god, by the way.

"He" could have planned it that way!  :-D

But we have no need for that hypothesis.

--
    Napoleon asked Laplace where God fit into his mathematical work, and
    Laplace famously replied "Sir, I have no need of that hypothesis."