Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5i3lu$2bn2i$1@dont-email.me>

From: Janis Papanagnou <janis_papanagnou+ng@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Fixing a sample from K&R book using cake static analyser
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 00:11:09 +0200

On 26.06.2024 23:43, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Unfortunately, last time I was actually in Munchen I was
> a couple years short of drinking age.

You know that in Munich (as in all of Bavaria) you may -
very *unofficially*!!! - start drinking beer earlier than
elsewhere. (Though in supermarkets they must make an age
check nowadays.) But otherwise no one seems to really care.

I suppose that nowadays (with the global market) you can get
almost anything you want also in other countries. In several
towns (also in Munich) there was or still is a "House of the
111 (or so) Beers", where (despite the abundance of existing
German beers) you could also get a lot of beers from other
countries. (I think that was also where I've quaffed my first
Guinness.)

There's a "philosophy" (sort of - some call it differently)
that beer counts not as alcohol but as "liquid bread". So
excessive consume like on the Oktoberfest is better endured.

> Janis Papanagnou <janis_papanagnou+ng@hotmail.com> writes:
>>
>> (Frankly, there's also a few really awful beer products.)
>
> Ah, Pabst Blue Ribbon and Grainbelt.

I don't know these. - And of course I have my own list. ;-)

Janis