Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5i50k$2buqf$1@dont-email.me>

From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Carriers are only slowly adapting to iOS 18 beta RCS integration
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 10:33:56 +1200

On 2024-06-25 07:33:20 +0000, Harry S Robins said:

> https://9to5mac.com/2024/06/24/ios-18-rcs-iphone-beta/
>
> No signs of RCS were seen in the first beta of iOS 18 released earlier this
> month. However, the second beta of iOS 18 released on Monday added a new
> RCS toggle in the Settings app, at least for some users. This has made beta
> testers wonder why some of them aren't seeing the toggle, or even why the
> feature isn't working despite the toggle being turned on.
>
> Well, we now have the answer.
>
> As seen by 9to5Mac in the iOS 18 beta 2 code, RCS support on the iPhone
> relies on Apple working with carrier partners to get them to update their
> bundles shipped with iOS. Right now, only a few carriers (such as AT&T and
> T-Mobile in the US) have updated their carrier bundles to support RCS on
> the iPhone.
>
> Of course, there's still time for more carriers to work on enabling RCS
> support on the iPhone by September, when iOS 18 will be available to the
> public. But at the same time, this means that most beta users probably
> won't be able to test the new feature.

If RCS is so ubiquitous and important on "all" Android phones, then the
companies should already have RCS setup on their networks and the
handset the user has *should* be completely irrelevant. The fact that
these companies are now having to specifically now make changes to
allow RCS shows it wasn't actually as all-important or widespread usage
as the moron whiners and trolls claimed it was ... as usual.  :-\