Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5ju5f$2pacp$3@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Heroic Game Launcher... BRAVO!
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 14:49:19 -0000 (UTC)
 <QJmeO.13257$S_52.4415@fx08.iad> <v5dlhh$1ds4a$2@dont-email.me>
 <i0xeO.13064$zMs3.8680@fx48.iad>
 <pdbl7j1lkfi7pam9pto9vcgis1tphe06fb@4ax.com>
 <3jzeO.125457$7NFd.103999@fx16.iad>
 <p66m7j5cvcrq9g0nlo6q267ld2n5comgms@4ax.com> <v5fnbv$1pj51$4@dont-email.me>
 <cfkn7j1he0bafj0gjibgepsgfuuebjtqpk@4ax.com> <v5hda7$26q5q$5@dont-email.me>
 <le2ujsFd873U2@mid.individual.net>
 <bumo7jtidhdhcefrrfndnldeqjjqh1p87i@4ax.com> <v5jkqo$2ndb5$8@dont-email.me>

On 2024-06-27, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:
> chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> rbowman wrote:

>> Not even close to that, but thanks for playing.
>>
>>>Sort of like 'Paul said it, I believe it, that settles it'? Darwin's
>>>concepts spawned a couple of centuries of revisions. They were not the
>>>inerrant words of a god.
>>
>> It's accepted theory, vetted by countless experts.  You know,
>> intelligent, educated people.
>
> That doesn't prevent woefully misinformed articles like this one:
>
>     https://www.icr.org/article/no-fruit-fly-evolution-even-after-600/
>
> Heh heh:

I didn't read it. (No need to. Not a big fan of ICR.ORG.) Macroevolution
(i.e., evolution proper) is made up of numerous "just so" stories — not
facts. Gould took a look at the fossil record and decided it was inadequate,
so he came up with a theory that "proved" his version of evolution by
relying the *lack of evidence* of transitional fossils. Pretty good trick
if you can get away with it. Of course he frustrated the "orthodox"
(gradualist) evolutionists who were also busy trying to explain away the gaps
in the fossil record.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."