Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5l5ta$drs$1@news.chmurka.net>

From: "Jan K." <janicekoziol@nie.ma.spamu.prosze.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Re: Carriers are only slowly adapting to iOS 18 beta RCS integration
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 04:07:39 +0200

W Tue, 25 Jun 2024 07:20:48 -0400, Newyana2 napisal:

>    Is there a reason to care about this? Is there a reason for RCS?
> What? Because Gen-Zers are afraid of the word "email"?

Gizmodo lists the problems that should be solved when RCS is in iOS.
https://gizmodo.com/apple-messages-supports-rcs-ios18-beta-1851562461

"Audio and video sent between devices will no longer be compressed down."

"Group chats will no longer be butchered and broken as friends and family
attempt to find common ground, such as who will bring the dessert to the
gathering."

"And you'll see when an iPhone user has left you, dear Android
user, on read."

Also for those who pay for MMS messages on a per-byte basis, RCS will
eliminate that fee; but that's not the main purpose of using RCS overall.

> I looked
> it up and as far as I can see it's just email with spying, like what
> ConstantContact have done with javascript.

Whenever you habitually log into a server on the Internet with a username
and password (as with Apple's messaging for their golden cage iMessages),
you're going to be subject to the privacy denuding whims of spycraft,
particularly in the saving, detection & probing of all the meta data
surrounding each and every message.

With RCS I think people can avoid logging into Apple's messaging servers.