Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5lj4j$36em5$1@dont-email.me>

From: Abandoned Trolley <fred@fred-smith.co.uk>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Carriers are only slowly adapting to iOS 18 beta RCS integration
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 06:53:23 +0100

> My old boss still has a huge Betamax library.  Quality is still very
> good (for videotape).
>
> I have some VHS cassettes left - can't seem to sell or give them away...
> all personal stuff has been moved to digital.

The point I was making was that VHS became the dominant force in the
marketplace despite being (by some distance) the worst performing
technology at the time - a bit like audio cassettes.

Merely being "good" or even miles better than something that is already
established in the marketplace might not be enough.

Worse still ... it’s not a zero-sum game - in theory we could all have
all of this stuff.

Also, in a "normal" marketplace, new entrants can disrupt by competing
on price - I can't see that happening here