Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5mh9e$3cds2$2@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: 197 page execution trace of DDD correctly simulated by HHH
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 09:27:58 -0500
 <v59797$brmn$1@dont-email.me> <v5b7nv$qvrb$1@dont-email.me>
 <v5btf3$v0vb$4@dont-email.me> <v5chru$10816$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v5cn01$149dc$1@dont-email.me> <v5ebvr$1hs89$1@dont-email.me>
 <v5efod$1ikpr$1@dont-email.me> <v5ejau$1iq57$1@dont-email.me>
 <v5eup8$1lar1$2@dont-email.me> <v5f1nm$1lp16$1@dont-email.me>
 <v5f246$1m2fl$1@dont-email.me> <v5f3fg$1lp16$2@dont-email.me>
 <v5f3j8$1m2fl$2@dont-email.me> <v5f54f$1lp16$3@dont-email.me>
 <v5f5sd$1mcif$1@dont-email.me> <v5ght9$21jrt$1@dont-email.me>
 <v5h558$24jbd$7@dont-email.me> <v5jcas$2m18t$2@dont-email.me>
 <v5k7ju$2qsdr$5@dont-email.me> <v5lrtd$386u3$2@dont-email.me>

On 6/28/2024 3:23 AM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:
> Op 27.jun.2024 om 19:30 schreef olcott:
>>
>> When you prove that you are totally overwhelmed and confused
>> by the original issue I break it down into simpler steps.
>>
>> If you don't have a slight clue about the C programming
>> language then the first step is you must learn this language
>> otherwise it is like trying to talk to someone about
>> differential calculus that does not know how to count to ten.
>
> If... But since this if does not apply, the the is irrelevant.
> You keep repeating irrelevant texts to hide that you cannot show any
> error in my reasoning.
>

>> typedef void (*ptr)();
>> int H0(ptr P);
>>
>> void Infinite_Loop()
>> {
>>    HERE: goto HERE;
>> }
>>
>> void Infinite_Recursion()
>> {
>>    Infinite_Recursion();
>> }
>>
>> void DDD()
>> {
>>    H0(DDD);
>> }
>>
>> int main()
>> {
>>    H0(Infinite_Loop);
>>    H0(Infinite_Recursion);
>>    H0(DDD);
>> }
>>
>> Every C programmer that knows what an x86 emulator is knows that when H0
>> emulates the machine language of Infinite_Loop, Infinite_Recursion, and
>> DDD that it must abort these emulations so that itself can terminate
>> normally.
>>
>> When this is construed as non-halting criteria then simulating
>> termination analyzer H0 is correct to reject these inputs as non-halting
>> by returning 0 to its caller.
>>
>> Simulating termination analyzers must report on the behavior that their
>> finite string input specifies thus H0 must report that DDD correctly
>> emulated by H0 remains stuck in recursive simulation.
>>

> Another attempt to distract from the subject.You claim you are not
> talking about halt-deciders or termination analyzers, but now you bring
> them up again.

https://liarparadox.org/HHH(DDD)_Full_Trace.pdf

I only do this because you have gotten overwhelmed.
I prove my point step-by-step and because you don't
understand any of the steps you leap to the conclusion
that I am wrong.

> We are discussing an H0 that aborts after two cycles. I do not tolerate
> to go away from this point.

I updated all of my names in my code.
// HHH(DDD) and HHH1(DDD) are the standard names for DDD input
// DDD calls HHH(DDD). HHH1 is identical to HHH.

// HH(DD,DD) and HH1(DD,DD) are the standard names for (DD,DD) input
// DD calls HH(DD,DD) and HH1 is identical to HH.

You haven't shown that you even understand that Infinite_Recursion()
doesn't halt. You must understand this before you can understand
the more complex example of DDD.

> The examples of Infinite_Loop and Infinite_Recursion do not apply. They
> are completely different from an H0 that aborts after two cycles.
>
> The last example can be formulated much simpler:
>
>         int main()
>         {
>           return H(main, 0);
>         }

That example is merely a more difficult to understand
version of HHH(DDD). If you can't even understand that
Infinite_Recursion() doesn't halt you won't be able
to understand the more complex example of DDD.