Article <v5mkdb$3cibm$6@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5mkdb$3cibm$6@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: DDD correctly emulated by H0 -- Ben agrees that Sipser approved
 criteria is met
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 10:21:15 -0500
 <v4sd35$1eb2f$5@dont-email.me> <v4u3jl$1se49$1@dont-email.me>
 <v4umvh$1vpm0$7@dont-email.me> <v50d8k$2e51s$1@dont-email.me>
 <v50dtp$2e5ij$1@dont-email.me> <v51f4t$2k8ar$1@dont-email.me>
 <v51ge4$2kbbe$2@dont-email.me> <v539bk$329sv$1@dont-email.me>
 <v53upb$35vak$6@dont-email.me> <v575pl$3sg5p$1@dont-email.me>
 <v5767s$3soh6$1@dont-email.me> <v5e28t$11urb$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v5eg03$1ikpr$2@dont-email.me> <v5eho7$24l4$1@news.muc.de>
 <87jzidm83f.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <v5el8c$24l4$4@news.muc.de>
 <v5evoi$1lgoi$1@dont-email.me> <v5frvn$14bcm$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v5ft1p$1uc3o$2@dont-email.me> <v5fu24$14bcn$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v5fuf7$1up2o$1@dont-email.me> <v5gk7m$22b20$1@dont-email.me>
 <v5h3aj$24jbd$5@dont-email.me> <v5j4p0$2ksq3$1@dont-email.me>
 <v5jrrq$2o58l$4@dont-email.me> <v5k0ru$2q29e$1@dont-email.me>
 <v5k5ko$2qsdr$1@dont-email.me> <v5k79o$19nfi$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v5k824$2qsdr$6@dont-email.me> <v5lvhu$39e8b$1@dont-email.me>

On 6/28/2024 4:25 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-06-27 17:38:12 +0000, olcott said:
>
>> On 6/27/2024 12:25 PM, joes wrote:
>>> Am Thu, 27 Jun 2024 11:56:56 -0500 schrieb olcott:
>>> No. The input is merely a variable in the question. The question is
>>> implicit.
>>>
>> Not at all. That is flat out incorrect.
>
> You are wrong. The input is the variable in the question. The question
> is not a part of the input.

The input is the machine address of the finite string
of x86 machine code.

>> The input is a specific finite string of bytes that
>> has the semantics of the x86 programming language.
>
> For a decider that is made for that sort of input. But there cannot be
> any question in that input.

The question is:
Does this finite string of machine code specify behavior
that terminates normally?

>>> That is a tautology: „It must simulate that way that it can.”
>>> But it is not free to make something up and claim itself infallible
>>>
>> DDD correctly simulated by H0 cannot possible halt.
>> The same thing goes for the conventional halting problem input.

>>> That is the definition of a halt decider. If it does not fit that
>>> definition, it is not one.
>>>

>> We could "define" a zipangnitfark as a square circle
>> that has a radius of a zebra with each equally
>> length side having the length of a misconception.
>>
>> Some definitions ARE incorrect.
>
> That definition is not incorrect.

It has type mismatch errors making it incorrect.

If I ask you how many kilos do your misconceptions
weigh you cannot provide a correct answer because
of the type mismatch error in the question.

> It may be unsuitable for your purposes
> but that does not make it incorrect. All parts of a good definition are
> there: the term for the concept, the superconcept, and the differentiating
> feature. Definitions like this would be a great improvement to your
> writings.

Incoherent definitions are incorrect definitions.

When I define Snitfinbangflizzledroop as the square-root
of misconceptions about the US constitution my definition
is incorrect because there is no mapping from the input
of misconceptions about the US constitution to any square-root
value.