Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5n7r7$3gf84$1@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who 2024 and its position in the UK TV charts
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 21:52:55 +0100

On 26/06/2024 19:26, Blueshirt wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:
>
>> On 26/06/2024 14:28, Blueshirt wrote:
>>
>>> BARB produce 28 day figures and it's clear that TV
>>> shows pick up viewers over a longer period than one week.
>>> In the 1970's this couldn't happen. If Doctor Who was
>>> on at 5:15 on Saturday and you missed it, then you missed
>>> it! So you HAD to sit down on Saturday at 5:15 to watch it.
>>> There was no other choice. In 2024, there is...
>>
>> You're not fooling anyone. Gatwa's 7 day viewing figures are
>> worse than Whittaker's overnights. His 28 day figures are half
>> her 7 day figures. No one is watching or enjoying this woke
>> crap. The show has lost 4/5 of its audience.
>
> I'm not trying to fool anyone, I am only telling you what I
> think based on what I read. Nobody is saying the viewership of
> Doctor Who hasn't gone down. Even RTD commenting on the viewing
> figures said "they might not be the ratings we'd love. We always
> want higher. But they are building over the 28-day period."
>
> You couldn't watch new episodes of Doctor Who 28 days after it
> was broadcast on BBC1 in 1974, you can now.

It's the same people watching twice.

The woke pervert RTD can now boast to writing the lowest rating episode
of all time, The Legend of Ruby Sunday, which could only manage 2.02
million viewers overnight and 3.05 million consolidated, lower than even
episode 1 of Battlefield even not counting the 2 or 3 times I watched it
again after I taped it on VHS.

> It's only the people with agendas that are trying to fool people.

Like the shithead RTD. Battlefield was worth watching more than once.
None of RTDs woke crap is. Still waiting to see that £5 coin with the
king's head on it. The woke wanker can't even keep that continuity intact.

>>> Just yesterday over here (and you can look it up) RTE
>>> announced that from 2027 50% of it's new TV shows would be
>>> 'online first'.  As in, the shows will be available for
>>> streaming on the RTE Player before their transmission on RTE
>>> 1/RTE 2 ... and unlike
>>
>> So RTE has figured out that no one watches anything online so
>> is using it as a marketing gimmick to pretend how up-to-date
>> it is.
>
> I can't say... as until 'Season One' of Doctor Who I never
> watched anything "online first".
>
>>> BBC 1/2 they are both commercial TV channels with adverts! So
>>
>> RTE knows no one watches online so the advertisers won't lose
>> any viewers.
>
> Well, they have adverts on the RTE Player too. It's a free
> service so that's only to be expected.

The advertisers will not be happy then.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner