Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5oep1$3r02s$3@dont-email.me>

From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Workstation Aesthetics
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2024 07:57:22 -0000 (UTC)
	<v5dp49$1eh23$2@dont-email.me> <v5echc$1hofv$6@dont-email.me>
	<slrnv7ndk8.21pl.candycanearter07@candydeb.host.invalid>
	<le2v4hFd873U4@mid.individual.net> <v5j5nn$2ks7o$6@dont-email.me>
	<le5sfiFrkjbU2@mid.individual.net> <v5kjb8$2te1q$4@dont-email.me>
	<le6gvrFda6U1@mid.individual.net> <v5mcj6$3bfeg$2@dont-email.me>
	<le89ttF8gijU1@mid.individual.net> <v5n55g$3g6kf$2@dont-email.me>
	<3riu7jl63ujaotast3ht70ctsladt7pr8q@4ax.com>
	<le9pkaFfdeeU1@mid.individual.net>

On 29 Jun 2024 06:58:18 GMT, rbowman wrote:

> Even worse is giving all your technology to your arch enemies.

    If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others
    of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power
    called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as
    long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it
    forces itself into the possession of every one, and the receiver
    cannot dispossess himself of it. Its peculiar character, too, is
    that no one possesses the less, because every other possesses the
    whole of it. He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction
    himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at
    mine, receives light without darkening me. That ideas should
    freely spread from one to another over the globe, for the moral
    and mutual instruction of man, and improvement of his condition,
    seems to have been peculiarly and benevolently designed by nature,
    when she made them, like fire, expansible over all space, without
    lessening their density in any point, and like the air in which we
    breathe, move, and have our physical being, incapable of
    confinement or exclusive appropriation.
       -- Thomas Jefferson