Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5q347$4pv6$1@dont-email.me>

From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Find "py.exe" & copy it to "Python" (flat, no extension).
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2024 22:50:48 -0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 29 Jun 2024 04:12:34 -0400, Joel wrote:

>>Tbat’s four separate assumptions, none of which are backed up by
>>evidence.
>>
>>That’s called “circular reasoning”.
>
> Figure it out.

It was the assumption of some insurmountable complexity threshold that is
the problem. Either nothing can surmount that threshold, or anything can.
So assuming the existence of that threshold, and that life lies in the
forbidden region, leads logically to the conclusion that the forbidden
region is not so forbidden after all.

This contradicts the original assumption of the existence of such a
complexity threshold, which therefore must be false.

This is called “proof by reduction ad absurdum”. QED.

As they say, “your move, creep”.