Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5q3bc$49sk$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for June 29-July 1, 2024
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2024 15:54:36 -0700

On 6/29/24 2:45 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> RM: The rest of the week will be posted later tonight.
>

>          Previously released:
>

> Grey's Anatomy      (all 20 seasons)       (Netflix, June 29)
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/70140391

F*** them! - It's been on Hulu/Disney for months!

> The Flash     (movie)       (Netflix, June 25)
>
> 2023 film; 2hr 24m.
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81251375
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439572/  [rating 6.7]

And this has already been to, what?, Max, and then Prime first?!

F*** Netflix!!

>          Saturday, June 29
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Continental Split      (movie)        (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> As the New Madrid Fault threatens to tear the U.S. in half, a desperate
> team of seismologists and government agents race to prevent disaster
> while the clock ticks down. Stars Jessica Morris (Cami Weddle), Chris
> Bruno (Alan Weddle), E.R. Ruiz (Aaron), Joe Kurak (Brett Rothers),
> Alison Chace (Governor Barber), Allison Gold (Emily Weddle), and Crew
> Morrow (Eric Weddle). 1 hr 28 min.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29001732/
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOaeA6AzSc
>
> https://tubitv.com/movies/100024068/continental-split

As per usge, I am quite sure I saw this pop up on Tubi on Friday.

But just starring Jessica Morris tells me all I need to know about
this!! (IOW, is this The Asylum at work?!...)

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Killer Inside: The Ruth Finley Story      (movie)      (8 pm,
> Lifetime Channel)
>
> The tranquil life of Ruth and her husband Ed in Wichita, Kansas, is
> suddenly turned upside down when Ed suffers a heart attack. As Ed fights
> for his life in the hospital, Ruth’s starts to receive mysterious
> threats, leaving her in a state of panic. With the city held hostage by
> the terror of the BTK killer, Ruth finds herself enveloped in paranoia,
> convinced that she will be the next victim, as the menacing phone calls
> escalate into chilling letters. Amidst the frenzy of the police’s
> pursuit of BTK, Ruth is abducted, sending shockwaves through the
> community. Yet her sudden reappearance shortly after the kidnapping
> leaves investigators baffled and scrambling for answers. As suspicion
> mounts and new evidence comes to light, the authorities entertain the
> unsettling notion that the perpetrator may be someone intimately
> connected to Ruth. Stars Teri Hatcher and Tahmoh Penikett.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31068688/
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-killer-inside-the-ruth-finley-story
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRYNfJwSaOo   [interview with Tahmoh
> Penikett]

Am planning to watch this.

> Falling Like Snowflakes       (movie)          (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> With the grudging help of her ex, Teagan is determined to capture a
> photograph of the elusive 12-sided snowflake in the local mountains.
> They soon find themselves seeking safety in the eye of an oncoming storm
> and making a new and unexpected connection. Stars Rebecca Dalton and
> Marcus Rosner.
>
> https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/falling-like-snowflakes
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32622618/

I do like Rebecca Dalton (cute as a button!)... But I prefer Rosner when
he's playing psychos on Lifetime.

>          Sunday, June 30
>

> Little Girl in the Window      (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When amateur photographer Iris notices “HELP” scrawled on a dusty window
> in a picture she took of an old house, she becomes increasingly
> convinced that the man living there isn’t as mild-mannered as he seems.
> Stars Mary Antonini and Jean-Paul Najm.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/little-girl-in-the-window
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32141050/
>
> https://play.mylifetime.com/movies/little-girl-in-the-window/preview-little-girl-in-the-window

Will probably watch this, though I am not enthusiastic...

>          Monday, July 1
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Memory         (movie; streaming premiere)         (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> Sylvia is a social worker who leads a simple and structured life. This
> is blown open when Saul follows her home from their high school reunion.
> Their surprise encounter will profoundly impact both of them as they
> open the door to the past. Stars Peter Sarsgaard and Jessica Chastain;
> 1h 43m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19864828/    [rating 6.6]

Uh.... Need more information.