Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5q4ib$4nct$1@dont-email.me>

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Ignoring requests for Apple ID
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2024 16:15:23 -0700

On 2024-06-29 15:58, Andrew wrote:

>>> In my case none of those features are useful since my phone plan
>>> does not include data. To me it's just a phone, for calls in a
>>> pinch. It appears that I can ignore the demands for a password.
>>>
>>> Thanks for reading,
>>>
>>> bob prohaska
>>
>> If it is iCloud features that keeps asking for the Apple ID and you do
>> not want to use them, then you're probably best to turn iCloud off to
>> stop it asking. Exactly how to do that may depend on the version of iOS
>> you're using, but try: <https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-iCloud>
>
> The problem I've found by not constantly logging into the iCloud (but being
> logged into it once and having never logged out of it), is you can install
> apps, but you can't delete them and then re-install those very same apps!

False.

> Most of the ignorant Apple religious zealots are unfamiliar with all these
> gotchas, simply because they're all too timid to test them out as I do.
>
> As noted, I refused for two years on two different iPads to sign into any
> of the Apple servers and what Apple does, eventually, is unilaterally brick
> the device such that you can no longer log in even when you KNOW the
> password. (Yes, I know the iKooks say otherwise but they never tested it.)
>   <https://i.postimg.cc/FHKHm9kD/locked01.jpg> Apple requires frequent login

Completely unsupported by the image.

>   <https://i.postimg.cc/WzjsyjPm/locked02.jpg> Most things still work

Indeed

>   <https://i.postimg.cc/MGC6yVPF/locked03.jpg> But some stop working

Those are all cloud services you don't need.

WhatsApp doesn't work if you don't log in; just the same as Facetime or
iMessage.

Google Drive doesn't work if you don't log in; just like iCloud Drive.

>   <https://i.postimg.cc/jdxsQsct/locked04.jpg> Apple will brick the login

Completely unsupported by the image AND also, to my personal knowledge,
completely false.