Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5s22f$jil7$2@dont-email.me>

From: moviePig <nobody@nowhere.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Snopes Finally Debunks Left-Wing Claim of "Very Fine People" in
 Charlottesville
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 12:45:02 -0400

On 6/30/2024 5:41 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 6/29/24 12:04 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> Maybe you should read the transcript I posted first.
>>
>> Where?
>>

> Snopes usually isn't totally unreliable like they are here.  Payola
> maybe?  Who the fuck cares.  Politifact has an actual transcript of what
> was said by Trump:
>
> https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/
>
>  ... [lengthy transcipt] ...

Yes, Trump is a mealy-mouthed SOB who doesn't want to risk alienating
even the vermin among his supporters.

Meanwhile, enjoy every word of this (via Reddit):

----------------
“Talented and well-practiced in every vice. A stranger to compassion or
empathy. A liar and a cheat so complete in perfidy that he has elevated
his dishonesty to hold it up as an ersatz moral principle.

Violent. So long as he can order someone else to do the dirty work.
Grotesque in body, honorless in action, in possession of a wounded
self-regard so colossal as to smother any spark of grace.

Treasonous. Not only to his country but to every ally he has ever had.
The poisoned fruit and rankest flower of racism and contempt for women,
and utterly devoid of shame for his moral and spiritual bankruptcy.

That is your leader. That is to whom you give your money. That is whom
you follow and laud. That is whose banner you willingly carry.

Why?

Because he is a mirror, not a lighthouse. You see yourselves in him. He
is what you would be if you had inherited money and could shed the last
vestiges of conscience and shame.

No, I do not “respect your choices,” nor do I admire your loyalty and
dedication to this miserific, demoniac vision. You have demonstrated not
only a lack of civic virtue, and loyalty to the Republic, and to the
rule of law, but a willingness to engage in violence and sedition at his
slightest expressed wish. And you will never, ever admit you were wrong.

Because you see your dark, twisted, resentful dreams in him, and to
renounce him, is to renounce yourselves.”