Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v5t6bj$t64k$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Omega
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2024 13:04:17 +1000

On 1/07/2024 2:45 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jun 2024 07:38:19 -0700, john larkin wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 30 Jun 2024 14:23:24 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>> wrote:

<snip>

>> Today is San Francisco Pride Day (Dikes on Bikes and such) so it's a
>> good day to stay close to home. Traffic and parking and everything will
>> be a nightmare.
>>
>> https://sfpride.org/parade
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j698pjo7jxm152zuzu4dx/Pink_Triangle.jpg?
> rlkey=n4xinzzm39bms9w04syb7egkx&raw=1
>
> I went to one of those once in Berlin when I lived there. God almighty!
> I've never seen such a complete and utter freak show in my entire life. I
> just stood there gaping open-mouthed at the procession. It must have been
> pretty obvious to any of those weirdos on the floats that I wasn't there
> to celebrate them! I just find it bizarre that parents actually take their
> kids to see this sort of thing and they're all waving their rainbow flags
> and whatnot. No kids of mine would be allowed within a million miles of an
> event like that. No wonder the God-fearing folks reckon the world's going
> to hell in a handbasket. :(

Far from it. In Sydney we have a gay pride march down Oxford Street
every year, which I've never watched (though it does show up on the TV
news every year). A couple of my neighbours decorate a truck for the
procession just outside the building ever year and I say hello to them
if I go past them while they are working on it.

It keeps them happy, and NSW is a much better place now that the cops
have been persuaded that gay-bashing isn't one of their duties, and now
have a contingent marching in the procession.

I'm a bit surprised that freaks like you, with your unbounded passion
for fatuous conspiracy theories, don't get together in the same sort of
way to show off your unique talents.

Donald Trump's MAGA rallies probably qualify as much the same sort of
celebration of rampant irrationality, but they don't get reported that
way - or haven't so far.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

www.norton.com