Article <v63gjr$26ejj$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v63gjr$26ejj$1@dont-email.me>

From: AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Disc brake maintenance tips
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2024 07:36:11 -0500

On 7/2/2024 10:06 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 7/2/2024 9:33 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Jul 2024 19:07:41 -0500, AMuzi
>> <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>>> Outside of television, in this world it's better to be
>>> judged by 12 than to be carried by six:
>>>
>>> https://abc13.com/grand-jury-ella-boulevard-shooting-investigation-robbery-suspect-dies-in-gas-station-northwest-houston-bystander-allegedly-shoots-and-kills/14367737/
>>
>> In contrast, here, over the years I've read innumerable
>> reports of
>> someone attempting to rob a gold shop and the owner pops
>> out of  the
>> back room with a gun and shoots the robber, usually
>> killing him. No
>> charges made.
>>
>> "Gold Shop"
>> https://playwithdiamonds.com/blog/the-art-of-gold-shopping-in-bangkok/
>
> What would be pertinent would be innumerable reports of old
> folks in Florida going for a walk in their residential
> neighborhoods in Florida and having to shoot... well,
> whoever Mr. Tricycle fantasizes would attack him.
>
> Got a bunch of citations like that?

It's, just as cycling in traffic, a personal evaluation of
risk and extremely situational besides personal.

One man's "oh, conflict with threat to life is unlikely" can
easily be another man's "better to have it unnecessarily
than to need it and not carry". YMMV and I'm sure it does.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org