Article <v66sgt$2slh0$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v66sgt$2slh0$1@dont-email.me>

From: AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Cycling in Poland
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2024 14:17:50 -0500

On 7/4/2024 2:07 PM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jul 2024 12:33:04 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>>>   From that cite:
>>>

>>> "Poland today is “the safest place for Jews in Europe,” as Queens-born
>>> Jonathan Ornstein, the powerful speaker who built and leads the JCC
>>> Krakow, put it.
>>>
>>> The contrast with the New York I’d left behind was unavoidable.
>>>
>>> The same evening we gathered for dinner, anti-Israel protesters
>>> stormed a Democratic Party fundraiser near Madison Square Garden —
>>> just another assault in the ongoing series of such actions in a city
>>> where antisemitism has become all too apparent.
>>>
>>> *******************
>>>
>>> Jewish people should carry guns in some places.
>>
>> Absolutely.
>>
>> I was a big fan of Meir Kahane ('Never Again', 'Every Jew a
>> .22') over 50 years ago. He was ahead of his time and much
>> missed.
>>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/16/us/adl-antisemtism-2023-audit-reaj/index.html
>
> I know..  I wouldn't go for a 3 AM walk in most parts of Chicago, even
> with a gun. I think I feel that way about most, maybe all big cities.
> Tampa, Orlando and Miami included, St Pete, most definately included.
> That's not to say the suburbs are safe.  I lived for a while on my
> boat in Bradenton. I had my car broken into there. I chased an
> intruder off my boat in St. Pete Beach. I had better luck in a marina
> in Ruskin, but the boat in the slip next to me in Tarpon Springs got
> broken into.

At one time I was in North Lawndale Chicago from time to
time. Wouldn't think of going there unarmed, then or now.
Fortunately I no longer have any reason to be there.

In my daughter's neighborhood, Rogers Park, there are
drive-bys now and a spate of recent murders at her nearby
subway station

https://cwbchicago.com/2024/06/another-man-murdered-near-howard-cta-station-2nd-in-8-days.html

but in risk assessment that risk is lower than a vengeful
prosecution for carrying w/o IL permit.

Incarceration for violent criminals has become politically
undesirable among The Powers That Be:

https://cwbchicago.com/2024/07/uptown-man-opened-fire-on-a-busy-street-corner-while-on-an-ankle-monitor-for-another-gun-case-prosecutors-say.html

https://cwbchicago.com/2024/07/migrant-bit-chicago-cop-twice-during-arrest-while-on-pretrial-release-for-biting-another-cop-prosecutors.html

or the same in any metro area overnight news.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org