Article <v67k2b$6l2j$2@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v67k2b$6l2j$2@solani.org>

From: Mild Shock <janburse@fastmail.fm>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: The curse of Negri & Plato (Was: Minimal Logics in the 2020's: A
 Meteoric Rise)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2024 03:59:39 +0200

Hi,

A few years ago I was impressed by
the output of either Negri or Plato,
or the two together.

Now they are just an annoyance, all
they show is that they are neither talented
nor have sufficient training.

Just have a look at:

 > Terminating intuitionistic calculus
 > Giulio Fellin and Sara Negri
 > https://philpapers.org/rec/FELATI

Beside the too obvious creative idea and motive
behind it, it is most likely complete useless
nonsense. Already this presentation in the

paper shows utter incompetence:

Γ, A → B ⊢ A           Γ, A → B, B ⊢ Δ
            Γ, A → B  ⊢ Δ

Everybody in the business knows that the
looping, resulting from the A → B copying,
is a fact. But can be reduced since the

copying on the right hand side is not needed.

Γ, A → B ⊢ A           Γ, B ⊢ Δ
--------------------------------
         Γ, A → B  ⊢ Δ

The above variant is enough. Just like Dragalin
presented the calculus. I really wish people
would completely understand these master pieces,

before they even touch multi consequent calculi:

Mathematical Intuitionism: Introduction to Proof Theory
Albert Grigorevich Dragalin - 1988
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0821845209

Contraction-Free Sequent Calculi for Intuitionistic Logic
Roy Dyckhoff - 1992
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~fp//courses/atp/cmuonly/D92.pdf

Whats the deeper semantic (sic!) explanation of the
two calculi GHPC and GCPC? I have a Kripke semantics
explanation in my notes, didn't release it yet.

Have Fun!