Article <v6a9mp$3l2np$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6a9mp$3l2np$1@dont-email.me>

From: AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Disc brake maintenance tips
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2024 21:21:14 -0500

On 7/5/2024 8:33 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 7/5/2024 9:23 PM, John B. wrote:
>> I did a study of gun ownership versus
>> gun homicides by states and I found the some states had
>> high gun
>> ownership had low gun homicides so I "dug into it" a bit
>> further and
>> what I found was that:
>>
>> 'IF' there is a gun in the home and 'IF' someone in the
>> home decided
>> to commit suicide or a crime they would likely use the
>> firearm to do
>> so.
>
> That's correct, as far as it goes. The pertinent fact is
> people with guns in their home are much more likely to die
> or be wounded by guns. It's especially true of women whose
> husbands have guns.
>
> I can give citations yet again, if needed. Not that it would
> do any good, of course.

While we probably agree that suicides of impulse are tragic,
I maintain that most are deliberate and in many instances
(I've known too many) the best result for all concerned.

I will agree that a lack of weaponry may thwart some
impulsive suicides. That won't stop the deliberate.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org