Article <v6clg1$mkt$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6clg1$mkt$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Liar detector: Fred, Richard, Joes and Alan --- Richard is a
 Liar?
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2024 18:54:41 -0500
 <v6bm5v$3rj8n$1@dont-email.me> <v6bmoe$3ri0l$2@dont-email.me>
 <v6bnt2$3rj8n$3@dont-email.me> <v6brfj$3skuk$2@dont-email.me>
 <v6c3vh$3ttem$1@dont-email.me> <v6c539$3u2mj$1@dont-email.me>
 <64b6a48b13e3b0739d79df538dca3e8d52c86f43@i2pn2.org>
 <v6cbe2$3v83p$1@dont-email.me>
 <bb01a6bddbf7ee29eee73cdcd7ddd4d0732218c1@i2pn2.org>
 <v6cboo$3v83p$2@dont-email.me>
 <83dab358cd413bbb48dd3791890d1b526b019e40@i2pn2.org>
 <v6cdk5$3viun$1@dont-email.me>
 <c320c5c5458ccce375c8dc694316c1c031332095@i2pn2.org>
 <v6cehc$3viun$2@dont-email.me>
 <ba1adc0f48c6d2930356b072815d6e17d9ccc9ad@i2pn2.org>
 <v6cfv7$13k$1@dont-email.me>
 <024d687a8f7fb00a6ff0ba883ccae61ba70003db@i2pn2.org>
 <v6chbl$13k$3@dont-email.me>
 <8a0dbc38d05e8cafcb53a1ddbc3605983b67e051@i2pn2.org>
 <v6ciqt$d3v$1@dont-email.me>
 <5c04052a3d139ac587f72bec322cc04efdb07c32@i2pn2.org>
 <v6cju3$kfo$1@dont-email.me>
 <c1e33e8d17881ae66899ec78d7efddfba2562f35@i2pn2.org>

On 7/6/2024 6:30 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> No
>>
>> HHH cannot report on the effect of what it would do before it
>> does this the same way that you cannot say that you don't need
>> groceries at the point in time that you would otherwise go to
>> the store to buy them.
>>

> But it MUST, so you are just admitting that no such decider can exist.

I am pointing out that you cannot correctly say that you don't
need groceries until AFTER you go to the store and buy them.

Pretending that everything happens all at once does not overcome
this. Trying to get away with pretending that sequence of sequence
selection and iteration does not exist is foolish.

(a) You determine that you need groceries
(b) You report this need
(c) then you go to the store to buy them

(a) HHH determines that it needs to abort DDD
(b) HHH reports this this need (as text before the action)
(c) then HHH aborts DDD