Article <v6d2r0$6cgn$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6d2r0$6cgn$2@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: Minimal Logics in the 2020's: A Meteoric Rise
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2024 22:42:24 -0500
 <v6cajn$3uu9o$1@dont-email.me>
 <e25eac30415eb75101e6e8af05c3a40d6ea8dbda@i2pn2.org>
 <v6cf9d$3viun$3@dont-email.me>
 <f22abb5f17f657bd1122de3c6339beadf4fb3e8f@i2pn2.org>
 <v6ch6a$13k$2@dont-email.me>
 <4ce79acf7c53160136f77603265cc1e5a5d3e34e@i2pn2.org>
 <v6cpnc$1b3m$2@dont-email.me>
 <9e59212316a9b258e95a1de7f5cca46fee37861e@i2pn2.org>
 <v6csla$1otr$2@dont-email.me>
 <3f12eb90be522441c8b95d17d25767fcaf72ed2d@i2pn2.org>
 <v6cvqs$5vir$2@dont-email.me>
 <efced1648cf7ddc1c257d7c4369add3b391dd005@i2pn2.org>

On 7/6/2024 10:12 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> So if x is defined in L as ~True(L, x)
>>>
>>> what value does True(L, x) have?
>>>

>> then True(L,x) evaluates to false ultimately meaning
>> that x is incorrect.
>
> But doesn't ~false evaluate to True?

No. ~false evaluates to true or incorrect.

>> We can't know for sure that x is incorrect until
>> we see that True(L,~x) also evaluates to false.
>>

> And thus you system just blew up in a mass of flaming inconsistancy.

Is "a fish" true, false or not a proposition.

> Since there is no requirement to check True(L, ~x) and it can't affect
> the value of ~True(L, x) you logic just doesn't work.

When x is defined to mean = ~True(L,x) in L
then True(L,x) is false and True(L,~x) is false
proving that x is not a proposition.

Is it really that hard to see that "a fish" is
not a proposition?

> You need to go back and study how logic works, but my guess is you have
> wasted too much time on your other projects to do anything with this,
> and you have poisioned you reputation with all you lies so no one is
> going to look at this.

Try and show how "a fish" is true or false.

> Pity, if you spent the last 20 year looking at this and seeing if you
> can work out the problems, it might have made an viable alternate form
> of logic, but we will never know since you killed it by lying about
> halting and incompleteness and Tarski.

I did and it really seems that you are flat out lying about it.
It seems that you are trying to say that "a fish" must be true or false.