Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6drgc$9l29$11@dont-email.me>

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: WiFi enabled cable modems or WiFi routers for Linux?
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2024 11:43:24 +0100

On 06/07/2024 14:44, tinker123 wrote:
> I never had a WiFi enabled cable modem or a WiFi router.

Christ on a bike

> I'm guessing some configuration is involved like setting a name,
> usernames, and passwords.  Which of either type of hardware is friendly
> to Linux.  Actually provides configuration software that runs on Linux
> or another easy means of configuring the WiFi?

All of them will have a web interface as primary means of configuration
and many will have telnet or ssh access

So none are inimitable to Linux

> In regards to a WiFi enable cable modem I was thinking of buying a
> highly rated model, but from a few years ago to save a few pennies.
>
> Any information or tips will be appreciated.

Well I am running a superb router, which also has telephone ports for
VOIP. Its a Draytek
Vigor2762Vac. It is DSL OR fibre/cable capable.

I also have an older Cisco SOHO style router Exellent piece of kit

Don't buy old Netgear crap

--
Of what good are dead warriors? … Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump