Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6duqe$aj2e$4@dont-email.me>

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: WiFi enabled cable modems or WiFi routers for Linux?
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2024 12:39:58 +0100

On 07/07/2024 11:54, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2024-07-07 12:44, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

>>> This hardware is normally provided, gratis, by your internet service
>>> provider.
>>>
>> Not mine.
>
> Your ISP doesn't provide the cable modem? Weird.I think we are at cross purposes. The 'modem' which is in this case is
fibre network termination unit  is provided but not by the ISP, but by
the fibre supplier
A Wifi enabled Router is not supplied at all

Nope. They provide *service* instead.
You can BUY an  'approved' router off them, but you don't have to.

https://www.idnet.com/broadband-hardware.php

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels