Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6echo$cn8m$1@dont-email.me>

From: Dan Espen <dan1espen@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: WiFi enabled cable modems or WiFi routers for Linux?
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2024 11:34:15 -0400

tinker123 <tinker123@gmail.com> writes:

> I never had a WiFi enabled cable modem or a WiFi router.
>
> I'm guessing some configuration is involved like setting a name,
> usernames, and passwords.  Which of either type of hardware is friendly
> to Linux.  Actually provides configuration software that runs on Linux
> or another easy means of configuring the WiFi?
>
> In regards to a WiFi enable cable modem I was thinking of buying a
> highly rated model, but from a few years ago to save a few pennies.
>
> Any information or tips will be appreciated.

I just bought some routers so I think I have a little clue.
I owned a FIOS router.  It was no good with my new ISP (Comcast).
Comcast wants you to lease their router, I wanted none of that.
It took me a couple of tries to find a router compatible with Comcast
the local PC Richards was no good, I had to order the router online.

I ended up with Netgear equipment.  Netgear has an app you can download
to your phone.  I just accessed the router from my Linux PC using a
browser.  Every router I've had so far has a browser interface.

--
Dan Espen