Article <v6fc3r$husq$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6fc3r$husq$3@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: OT: Oakland update
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2024 20:32:58 -0400

On 7/7/2024 4:02 PM, Roger Merriman wrote:
> Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, 07 Jul 2024 09:50:13 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Not on Usenet it’s not! I rather suspect it’s the click bate news than say
>>> contact with the police/local politicians and so on.
>>>
>>> Roger Merriman
>>
>> Seems to me that it's just about as useful to complain about crime on
>> Usenet as it is to suggest on Usenet that people should move, or to
>> complain about people owning/carrying a gun or riding a bike in places
>> and in ways that some people don't approve of.
>>

> Granted both have similar levels of probability though complaining on
> usenets is absolutely zero, where as Frank is unlikely to convince you and
> others.

Although they have very little else in common, ISTM the two main
complainers about specific crimes are Andrew, with links to tabloid
articles, and Tom, with tales that may or may not be true.

I complain mostly about America's insanely lax gun policies and the
resulting carnage and societal problems. I typically use citations of
national data.

--
- Frank Krygowski