Article <v6h0kk$tu3k$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6h0kk$tu3k$2@dont-email.me>

From: Nuno Silva <nunojsilva@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: What programs do you make sure are installed on a new Linux install?
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2024 16:29:24 +0100

On 2024-07-08, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jul 2024 19:43:03 -0400, Popping Mad wrote:
>
>> Artix is quite good, simple and stable.
>
> Interesting that all their anti-systemd rants are years out of date.
>
>> Unlike Systemd, it just works.
>
> Did you know that systemd offers better compatibility with old sysvinit
> scripts than, say, OpenRC can manage?

You're the one who is trying to turn this into an argument over systemd
and trying to portray those who do not like systemd as "haters".

If that's not what you meant, I'm sorry, maybe I misread some post?

This is starting to sound like what some wayland users say on the
Internet as soon as someone dares to say they're using X11, or worse,
when they present situations that cannot be handled using Wayland, and
the response is verbal violence, dismissal and hate.

The world isn't just systemd. If the culture is going to be that one
must use or worship systemd to use a linux-based system, maybe it's
better to check what shall I migrate to :-P

--
Nuno Silva