Article <v6hcv4$sl2v$4@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6hcv4$sl2v$4@dont-email.me>

From: Zen Cycle <funkmaster@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Disc brake maintenance tips
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 14:59:48 -0400

> On Mon, 08 Jul 2024 17:52:28 GMT, Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Shifting a TT bar end is nothing like shifting a downtube shifter.

I find it to pretty much identical, except that my hands don't have to
leave the bars. The left shifts the chainring, the right shifts the
cogset,  away/down for smaller and back/towards for larger

>> They are the same mechanism with a mdifferent mount but you are looking forward the whole time and not looking down to the levers where you might throw the left lever meaning to throw the right.

Oh dear gawd....

I have never met anyone who ever confused the shifters, even back in my
very early days of racing with cat 4s when half of us had chainring
'tattoos' on our right calf.

So, No, tom. No one with even the slightest competence confuses the
right and left shifter...maybe you did, but that's you, the same idiot
who advises 'you have to pause pedaling to shift'. As noted elsethread:
You are beyond the shadow of a doubt the _last_ person in this forum I
would ever even entertain taking advice from on _any_ issue.