Article <v6hfot$10a9a$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6hfot$10a9a$1@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Disc brake maintenance tips
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 15:47:40 -0400

On 7/8/2024 4:21 AM, John B. wrote:

> But,but, but... Removing guns is a rather simple task. Just appeal the
> 2nd Amendment. I've mentioned this a number of times...

.... and it's been countered an equal number of times.

First, the second amendment was used rationally for nearly 200 years,
including the gun (fantasy) glory days of the Old West. Then mass
shootings became fashionable, mostly using guns not appropriate for
hunting or other peaceful purposes.

And the NRA decided to cash in by changing from a rational "learn to
shoot responsibly" organization to a manic "They want to take your guns"
organization. That transformation allowed NRA's upper management to rake
in fortunes and enjoy lavish lifestyles. It also allowed fortunes to be
made by promoting and selling weirdly fashionable quasi-combat firearms.
And of course, it promoted the election of right winger politicians, by
claims like "If Obama is elected he's going to take your guns!"

The second amendment was perverted into removing logical restrictions
that had existed since the days of Dodge City shootouts, and into
allowing things like bump stocks and Glock switches.

The second amendment doesn't really need removed. It needs tuned up by
rational court decisions, preferably by judges who are not in the pocket
of gun manufacturers and their allies. Our current bribe-worthy supreme
court does not qualify.

--
- Frank Krygowski