Article <v6i0eb$131tb$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6i0eb$131tb$2@dont-email.me>

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: Orphaned CodoPods are found in Apple software
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 17:32:11 -0700

On 2024-07-08 13:58, Wolf Greenblatt wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2024 08:06:48 -0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:
>
>>> Probably very true. All I know is researchers found a flaw in millions of
>>> mac/iOS apps and Apple didn't find that same flaw even after a decade.
>>
>> The point that's being missed is that no-one else spotted it either.
>> Despite existing for so long it was never exploited.
>
> Three million iOS/macOS apps were vulnerable for a decade, and Apple didn't
> even care to think about backing up their own claims of safety & security.

Ummmm... ...no.

1. You need to show that "three million" iOS/macOS apps" actually USED
CocoaPods.

2. You need to show how many of those made use of the "Pods" that had
been orphaned.

>> This was specifically an error on the side of the people managing the
>> CocoaPods library. They should not have left orphan accounts open
>> indefinitely.
>
> It's worse than that because ANYONE (yes, even you and me) could have
> injected code into those apps for a decade without Apple caring about it.

Nope. You couldn't inject code into any app that didn't use one of the
orphaned "Pods".

>>> Shouldn't Apple care that millions of mac/iOS apps are vulnerable?
>>
>> *were* vulnerable. It was fixed last year. It has only been reported
>> recently for obvious reasons.
>
> It was fixed but Apple didn't even know about it until someone told them
> that anyone (yes, even you and me) could have injected code into any of
> three million macOS/iOS apps for over a decade because Apple didn't care.

Still stuck on repeating things you know you can't know are true.

Normal, sane people call that "lying".