Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6job0$1d28p$1@dont-email.me>

From: Pancho <Pancho.Jones@proton.me>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: WiFi enabled cable modems or WiFi routers for Linux?
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2024 17:26:08 +0100

On 09/07/2024 16:25, Andy Burns wrote:
> Nuno Silva wrote:
>
>> Popping Mad wrote:
>>
>>> that is often bad it that link is through a cloud service.
>>
>> What!? So far I've only seen web admin interfaces that are on LAN
>> addresses. Which manufacturers are doing that?
>
> Not my own, but I've seen a Linksys mesh system that requires you to
> create a cloud account, then use a mobile app to login to the cloud
> configure the devices ...

My Mercusys Mesh Wifi System only has a Cloud UI.

It is irritating, but the System was cheap, the WiFi connectivity and
speed are good, and there isn't too much I need to configure or examine
for just WiFi.

I wouldn't even begin to consider using a device with Cloud UI as a
router/gateway.

I also have a WiFi switch (Shelly) with a Cloud UI, which is annoying. I
will replace it, when I can find a sensible alternative device.