Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6plnn$g4c$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Do your market research before selling 7 year old iPad Mini
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 22:18:32 -0000 (UTC)

Alan Browne wrote on Thu, 11 Jul 2024 17:49:07 -0400 :

> Finally went and looked - I was at the bottom but not by that much.
> prices get higher with memory (duh) with 128 GB Mini 4s being in the
> sweet spot ($150 ..$200).
>
> A 16 GB Mini 4 with updated OS doesn't have much room left, alas.

I love to study you strange religious zealots who forget that you paid, oh,
let's just rough things out, about $1000 for a $200 tablet, where just the
sales tax alone ($100 in California) is half the real worth of the tablet.

Then, in the end, when the entire $1000 was lost to depreciation (since
Apple devices depreciate far faster than any other common devices do),
you're happy to get the sales tax alone out of selling it.

Had that been an Android tablet, at about $200 plus about $20 tax, you
would have thrown it away and lost the *entire* amount.

You strange zealots feel that getting 10% of your costs back and losing
$1000 in the process for a substandard device, is BETTER than losing the
entire $220 on a far superior device in terms of capabilities.

You don't understand math.