Article <v6qtg8$hoo1$1@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6qtg8$hoo1$1@solani.org>

From: Mild Shock <janburse@fastmail.fm>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: French Philosophy in 2024 (Was: Minimal Logics in the 2020's: A
 Meteoric Rise)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2024 11:37:14 +0200

Hi,

Actually thridness is not only the art of making
three-fold divisions. Usually one aims a finding
a 3 that is the relation between 1 and 2, so that

we have this relation satisfied:

    3(1, 2)

Of course we can have the stance, and say that |-
does that already. Only |- is highly ambigious,
if you see Γ |- α you don't know what was the last

inference rule applied. But for proof extraction
you want exactly know that.

Bye

P.S.: And Peirce isn't wrong when he says thirdness
is enough, just take set theory, which can do all
of mathematics? Its based on  this thirdness only:

    x ∈ y

The set membership. But set membership is as ugly as |-,
it also doesn't say why an element belongs to a set.

LoL